This month I focused on the importance of fresh starts in a relationship.
If you missed all the great content on my social media, you can catch up here!
Many of us might be feeling frustrated or resentful of our partner now that we’ve been quarantined for a few weeks with them. It’s probably time for a relationship reset: https://fiveyearmarriage.com/2020/04/10/tips-for-resetting-your-relationship/
How to make your relationship a priority
During these days of covid-19 confinement, everyone’s patience is wearing thin. “I just can’t look at him another day” and “she’s driving me crazy” are just two comments I’ve heard from friends lately. Lost wages, lack of freedom and constant contact with spouses and children is making you and I stressed, depressed, and aggravated.
Take a deep breath. We’ll get through this!!!
In the meantime, and while you’re breathing deeply, remember to make your relationship with your sweetie a priority. Not sure what that means or how to do it? Check out this post for details: https://fiveyearmarriage.com/2020/04/17/marrige-during-covid-19/
Some other interesting relationship articles in the news:
- Tackling change head on – just like they’ll experience throughout their relationship. Well done. https://www.brides.com/expect-the-unexpected-motto-coronavirus-wedding-4842907
- “Quarantine isn’t ruining your marriage…” but the added stress on an already fragile relationship can have disastrous results… Don’t let that happen to you, start with family meetings. Use the extra time you have right now to figure out what you, and your partner, want the next five years to look like. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/quarantine-isn-t-ruining-marriage-130013707.html
- Is marriage really your ticket out of poverty? What do you think about the “success sequence?”https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/02/24/marriage-is-the-ticket-out-of-poverty/
- Loveless Marriage Intro: If your sweetie did it, would you think it’s funny? https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/couple-explains-shocking-loveless-marriage-intro-on-wheel-of-fortune/
- How important is communication in your marriage?https://www.oregonlive.com/advice/2020/03/dear-abby-marriage-crumbles-over-total-lack-of-communication.html
- I can’t stress enough the importance of effective communication… https://madamenoire.com/1146776/10-ways-quarantine-life-may-test-your-relationship/
- After her divorce, Kelly Green Got Back in the Game! Listen to her adventure here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD7Y-rIBMFo
- Relationships during the pandemic… it’s ok to fight? https://www.thecut.com/2020/03/how-to-stay-married-during-a-pandemic.html
Are you thinking about having the Five Year Marriage conversation?
It is a process and something you have to work on for your fresh start!
“Think of it like planting flowers in the spring. Very often the ground is hard and compact. It doesn’t absorb water. As a result, you can’t plant anything. You can’t even get a shovel into the dirt. If you want to plant something, first you have to “condition” the ground with water. Then, when it’s aerated, you can start planting.”
I’m so excited to share my marriage story in this month’s Philadelphia Magazine!
‘Different Marriages’ were the topic of this month’s COVER STORY!! – it includes my very own Five-Year Marriage ® story!
This Is It TV Interview
I had a great time with Cheldin Barlatt Rumer on This Is It TV – we talked about the challenges relationships are facing in quarantine.
Check out the interview here: https://www.facebook.com/thisisittv/
Each week I post an inspiring quote on my social media accounts – here are the ones I shared this month. Feel free to download & share these meme’s on your own accounts if you like them!
- Join the Five-Year Marriage ® Mailing list
- Follow our social media accounts – Facebook – Instagram
- Stay tuned for an upcoming relationship workshop I’ll be offering!